Your Canon printer is packed with various functionalities. To utilize the printer functions, you need to accomplish the Canon IJ Setup efficiently. Go with our simple guidelines to install and run the Canon IJ setup.
Steps For Canon IJ Setup installation
- Step 1: Download software
- Step 2: Choose Wireless connection for Canon.com/ijsetup
- Step 3: Switch ON the Canon printer
- Step 4: Connection Via Cable less setup
- Step 5: Flashing blue and green lamps
- Step 6: Agree on the terms
- Step 7: Complete the Canon Printer Setup
Canon doesn’t provide the manual CD for driver installation any more. Therefore, it becomes vital to download your printers correct model driver. Further ensure that you have downloaded driver as per your OS version compatibility (Windows or MAC).
After successful download of your printer driver, double click on it to begin with the installation process. Now, from the screen where it says “select a method to connect the printer”, choose the option of “wireless connection”. Whereas for wired connection, choose the option of “USB connection”.
The Mac users may be prompted to enter their password while doing this step. So enter your correct password and proceed to the next step.
Now at this stage of the setup you need to switch on your Canon printer. Further make sure that printer is connected well with the power outlet to avoid any loose connection problems.
After selecting the “Wireless Connection” option from your computer, press and hold the WiFi alarm lamp key present on your printer till the time the lamp adjacent to it flashes twice.
Now you will find blue Wi-Fi lamp flashing along with the green lamp. This means that your printer has been successfully connected with your WiFi router and is ready for a wireless connection. Hence, one on to the next installation step from your printer.
After this, you need to follow the given steps to agree on the license agreement and the addition of necessary details about your region. You will find that there is the name of the printer model along with the wireless network on the screen.
You can click ‘complete’ when you see the wireless network with the printer model on the screen.
In this way, the Canon IJ setup is finished. You don’t need to be an expert to do this task but any person who knows to use a computer can finish this setup easily. Whether you have bought a new printer or you are using the older one, wireless setup can be really helpful for you. In this digital age, wireless connection with a printer can allow you to make better use of it.
How to Connect ij.start.cannon Printer to the Network?
- First of all, you have to ensure that you have turned on your printer.
- Then, look at the control panel of your printer and press and hold the WiFi button. You have to hold the button until the orange alarm flash blinks twice. Then, release the button and proceed further.
- Next, have a look at the blue WiFi lamp. It must be blinking quickly. Along with this, the power lamp of your printer must be lit.
- After that, you have to press the WPS button from your router. Press it for about 2 minutes.
- Further, your printer will start looking for your networks. It will automatically start connecting with it.
- During this, the WiFi lamp of your printer will continue to flash. Along with this, the power lamp will also start flashing.
- After the successful establishment of the connection, both the green and blue lamps will stop flashing and they remain lit.